Monday, December 15, 2008

The Weekend That Was



Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was fine, though not very eventful.  Woke up early on Saturday to take a friend to the bus station.  Yeah, yeah . . . apparently people still take the bus.  To make a long story short, this friend is doing a favor for a family member by bussing it down to Corpus Christi to drive a vehicle back to Austin for them.  Anyway, BF and I had a great time teasing him about the bus, and how he better not fall asleep and all.  The jokes continued once we got to the Greyhound station, where we waited around with him for a while.  They had the craziest mural on the wall there . . . which you can see above.  Just so many random elements there.  The Latino Mary & Joseph in front of the Texas Capitol building . . . the Dia de los Muertos characters (one of whom looks like a drag queen) . . . and, of course, a greyhound bus thrown in too . . . so yeah.  So we headed back to the apartment after the bus station, and we just chilled most of the day watching dvd's and chilling.

We slept in on Sunday morning . . . so much for our resolve to get back in church.  We had planned on checking out the United Methodist church downtown, but just didn't have the energy yesterday.  If anyone has a suggestion for a good, gay-friendly church in or near downtown, I'd love to hear it.  We've already tried the church at Austin Music Hall and St. David's Episcopal.  The AMH church was actually pretty good . . . just have mixed thoughts about having the sermon piped in on the big screen from their main church out in Bee Caves.  St. David's is a beautiful church, with a very friendly congregation . . . but the service was way too traditional and dry for me.  I had trouble keeping my eyes open during that service.  Anyway, BF and I are determined to find a regular church, so we will continue to try out local churches as we have time.  So, back to our actual Sunday.  We slept in and lazed about the apartment for a bit.  I made BF grits for the first time . . . he seemed to like them.  Then we got dressed and headed out for a bit.  First stop was The Buffalo Exchange on Guadalupe where I dropped off some old clothes and shoes.  They didn't take much of my stuff, but they did buy a few of my things.  I donated the rest to charity.  Found a cute button-up vest while I was there too.  We went to lunch at the Jack in the Box on the drag while in the area . . . had a good time watching all of the hot UT boys walking by through the window.  :-)  After lunch, we returned downtown and walked around the 2nd Street district for a while.  Found a bed at Loft that I fell in love with.  May seriously look into making a purchase after the new year once I am employed again.  (Oh yeah, I am currently not working . . . LONG story there).  We also browsed around the Lofty Dog store as we plan on buying a dog once I'm working again.  That is going to be one spoiled dog.  Let me tell you.  Anyway, we went back home after our 2nd St. adventures and just had another chill night which ended with a double feature of the HOME ALONE movies.  Definitely a low key weekend.  Nice to have those from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment